Friday, December 19, 2014

How to: Frosty Cut Crease and Outlander

Hi! I thought I'd share one of the looks I decided to do for Sephora Holiday. We have 3 looks to choose from that we can wear throughout the holiday season. The look I chose to do a play on is called crimson frost. The basic idea is to do a silver eyeshadow on the lid and a red lip. It was kind of simple and boring, so we're allowed to kick it up a notch.
The first step I did to achieve this eyeshadow look was to apply eyeshadow primer (I like Urban Decay's Primer Potion) and a white cream shadow pencil (NYX pencil in Milk). I then blend the shadow pencil out with my fingers. This will allow your shadow to stick better and give it a more intense looks.

 Next I took a dense shadow brush and packed silver glitter shadow directly on top of the shadow pencil.
Once I was done applying the shadow I applied a thin line of black gel liner across my gel line and extended it following the angle of my eye. I then extended that into the crease of my eyelid. I didn't try too hard to be a perfectionist with the crease because that got blended out with a pencil shaped brush.
Make sure that you blend each eye out evenly so it doesn't look uneven. I decided that I didn't want to take the black liner all around the eyes since this was already an intense look. I took a silver eyeliner pencil and lined my waterline next to the bottom lashes.
In order the finish off the look I applied some shimmery white shadow in the inner corner and used my favorite mascara on the top and bottom lashes. Finally I chose to use OCC Lip Tar in the shade Vintage to get the classic red lip.
This is a bold holiday look that's great for a night out or holiday party. If you choose to go with the Lip Tar try to stay away from kissing or eating food where you're taking large bites. This lip product is highly transferable and it will go everywhere if you're not careful to use very little.
Another thing that has been getting me through this lovely holiday season is the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon. I am currently halfway through the second book Dragonfly in Amber. It's one of those books that you never want to put down because there is always some kind of new action happening. I'm hoping that santa will be good to me and bring me the third book. Especially since I have to wait until April for the second half of the first season of the TV series.
*sigh* Guess I will have to keep reading until April.
-ParanormallyPretty











1 comment:

  1. My BFF loves loves loves series! She was so excited that it turned into a TV show that she called the cable company to buy the channel!!! :)
    The books will definitely hold you over! :)

    ReplyDelete